Home

4/26/2014

Food Parade - Palembang


On my long weekend holiday (Easter Holiday), I decided to take a short break to visit my hometown and my mom!! (missed her so much because the last time I saw her was 2,5 months ago). So I insist on going back to my hometown rather than having a trip somewhere because it's on the peak season and I don't really want enjoy my holiday in a crowded place. Not to mention about the high price of the ticket and hotel. So it's better to enjoy your quality time in home sweet home right?
 
Ampera Bridge
I will tell you a little bit about my hometown! My hometown is the capital city of the South Sumatra province in Indonesia. The most famous food in this city is PEMPEK (Fishcake) that served with
sour sauce called cuka. YES!! My hometown is PALEMBANG.

And the most important thing that in my "have to do" list in my hometown is CULINARY!!! It's always good to come back to your hometown and eat every foods in your hometown. So this post will be about FOOD, FOOD and FOODS!! ;9

Here are some of the foods that you "must try" or "must eat" when you are in PALEMBANG. (These are also some of my favorite foods ;9 )

Pempek Campur
Pempek Panggang



Nasi Goreng Samin - Samin Fried Rice
Nasi Goreng Samin and Pempek (Beringin Restaurant)



Pindang Ikan Patin
Sambal Udang








The Full Set (Pindang Meranjat Bu Ucha Restaurant) 

 Let's see my MOST favorite food all the time, NOODLES!!

Bakmie Alun
Mie Ayam Manalagi
Lomie

Bakmie ALOY
Model Gandum with Noodles

Es Campur

Ayam Goreng 288



Bang Kumis Restaurant (from left to right - Otak-otak, Chicken Satay, Oxtail Soup)

Nasi Goreng Mang Ujuk (Mang Ujuk Fried Rice)

Actually there are still many delicious food in Palembang, but since I only had 4 days holidays in Palembang, I didn't get a chance to eat all of them. I will make sure to share about another great food in Palembang next time when I come back again. And if you are planning to visit this city, please feel free to ask me about the foods above or some foods that you want to try in Palembang!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment